Monday, May 19, 2008

afternoon tea


I tried and adapted this great recipe for vegan thumbprint cookies. They are so delicious and can easily be made gluten-free, for the gluten free friends. Enjoy them with a cup of earl grey!
1/4 cup almond or macademia nut, ground
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 pinch salt
1/3 maple syrup
1/8 light oil (canola or corn)
1/8 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons preserve (I used cherry but apricot or raspberry would be great too)
11/2 teaspoons almond extract

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients. Mix all wet ingredients. Mix both mixtures. Flatten cookies onto a pan. Put a little jam on each cookie. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges start to get golden brown.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

This cookies sound so great! I love their looks, so simple and yet tasty.

jd said...

Those cookies look great, & the recipe sounds absolutely delicious!

I'm excited to give them a try, especially because my most recent cookie attempt was a disaster!

By the way, I *love* tea, too :)

Great blog!

Hillary said...

That's my favorite jam brand! I've never had their cherry though...only raspberry and apricot.

 
id='footer-wrapper'>